Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chams Electric: Great service and most competitive quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cheikh installed a 80A HPWC for me. My breaker box is on the other side of a large house from my garage. He had to run a fat 100A cable from the breaker box to the garage. He did a great job, ran a pipe all the way with the cable inside it, painted the pipe to match the walls, had to tear through the ceiling to reach the garage as there wasn't a convenient attic access. He charged me $3000 inclusive of the Tesla HPWC ($550 + tax) and $300 city inspection. This was significantly less than others on the Tesla electrician list for Houston. He did provide me with a cheaper quote for the 40 A HPWC and an even cheaper quote for the NEMA 14-50. However, I elected to go with the 80A option because I did buy my Model X with the high amperage charging option and needed quick recharges as I drive at least a 100 miles a day and some times 300 miles a day. I have been using this for over a month and totally like the arrangement. Cheikh had to install a new breaker box as my breaker box had no open slots. He even picked up the HPWC from Tesla Service Center in North Houston at no extra charge. All he asked me to do is place the order directly with the Service Center (as Tesla rations out one HPWC per owner/car at this point). Work was completed in about 3 hrs. He bought all materials (matching paint, breaker boxes, cable, ....) himself and was inclusive of his charges. A few days later the city inspector (City of Spring Valley, TX) showed up, inspected the work, complemented on it and signed the permit).

He is very honest, straightforward, trustworthy and keeps his word. A rare breed of people whose word is their bond. You feel safe in his presence as he runs through the house doing his work. Even my elderly mom is a fan of his, because he is very respectful. I have asked him to do other electrical work in the house and he is extremely reasonable. I strongly recommend Cheikh.

Reactions: Beryl
I used Cham’s Electrical today and his service was top notch! It only took him 1.5 hours to do my HPWC install as I did not want any conduit exposed so he went inside the sheetrock. He truly goes above and beyond and left the work site cleaner than he found it. Just like his business card says: low rates and professional work. If you’re in Houston be sure to look this guy up!

Reactions: SomeJoe7777