Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change car title in Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to do it in the car. Pull up the main menu, the car symbol on the bottom left, and then go to Software. Tape the name and change it there. The ap will pull the change from the car. At least that's the way it works in M3
It is. You basically have to name your car from within the MCU & then the app & car both will update their visualization to reflect this.

It is. You basically have to name your car from within the MCU & then the app & car both will update their visualization to reflect this.
I’ve changed the name in my car, but neither the Tesla app or the TezLab app have adopted the cars name. I’ve rebooted the car and reset the apps but no change. Any ideas on how to fix this..?

I’ve changed the name in my car, but neither the Tesla app or the TezLab app have adopted the cars name. I’ve rebooted the car and reset the apps but no change. Any ideas on how to fix this..?
Mine is the same. Says UWT disconnected when I walk away from the car in notifications because that's the first name they had me enter when transferring the car to my name. Other notifications that come through though in the morning when warming up the car are fine and show the correct name.

Mine is the same. Says UWT disconnected when I walk away from the car in notifications because that's the first name they had me enter when transferring the car to my name. Other notifications that come through though in the morning when warming up the car are fine and show the correct name.
This is my situation exactly! It's really annoying, I hope someone comes up with a solution.

Not that it's a big deal really my car has some dumb name anyway. It's just odd that you get two different names and the original UWT from the car's transfer is stuck somewhere.

1648727860115.png

Good to know. What software version did you just get?
2022.8.3 a couple days ago. I was hoping I would get 2022.12 which is why I forced a reboot to see if it would trigger. I'd like to check out the new version customization options. I guess I'll have to wait patiently there doesn't seem to be a way to kick off the next one even though it has been released.