Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changed order since price drop but still not updated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK
With all these vins allocated I am curious if anyone changed their order with the price drop and still haven't had it updated in their Tesla account?

I know they have a lot of emails but their auto response said they may not reply but will show within 48 hours of email received.

I am in the same boat. Phoned and requested change last Tuesday, moving from P- to P+. Phoned today as I was concerned not seeing any change and there was a risk I would get assigned the wrong car in this recent round of deliveries. Anyway the person I spoke to said they still have a massive back log but my order change is in the queue. They are processing about 100 order changes a day and they have now a complication that people have assigned cars that they don't want now as they were assigned while their order change was waiting to be processed. Who would of thought buying a car would be this nerve racking.

I upgraded to Performance when prices reduced and nothing has Changed in my Order Agreement. I too spoke to Sales today with exactly that concern. - that Tesla may start processing the wrong spec’d car. The gent said, having read my notes, that they were aware of the upgrade against my RN and that it will get changed. He “said” he was going to speak with someone about it after my call. Here’s hoping! No changes yet.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Same here. I changed mine from P- to LRAWD last Tuesday, my order agreement is still not updated in the account even though since then I’ve been assigned a VIN and had the text confirming delivery in mid August. And yes, I did phone them and they confirmed that the VIN / delivery text was based on my modified order for the LRAWD. I was told the order agreement paperwork would catch up, probably by Monday next week.

Reactions: Rooster6655
They are processing about 100 order changes a day and they have now a complication that people have assigned cars that they don't want now as they were assigned while their order change was waiting to be processed. Who would of thought buying a car would be this nerve racking.

If it’s a 100 a day that doesn’t seem many at all hence this delay. Seems like the updates are not instant on their system hence these wrong allocations, it would be fine if we knew that it’s actually updated and the paperwork will follow but doesn’t seem that is the case all the time.

I’m sure the orders will change but as I requested a change twice neither have been updated so I’m just going to have to wait it out :/

Hi @Rooster6655 @interbear @Keeper

Any Joy on get you account updated with your changes?

2 phone calls for changes and 2 emails for changes neither of which actioned over 2 separate changes, pretty awful service really especially when the "were busy email" says within 48 hours otherwise what is the point of it, the people on the phone say 3-5 days when they would already know about delays, so no idea the status...

2 phone calls for changes and 2 emails for changes neither of which actioned over 2 separate changes, pretty awful service really especially when the "were busy email" says within 48 hours otherwise what is the point of it, the people on the phone say 3-5 days when they would already know about delays, so no idea the status...
I sent an email on Wednesday requesting removal of FSD. Wrote back today as promised with revised order agreement attached.

@Rooster6655 @interbear

Do either of you have a Vin number allocated anywhere - Source Code or otherwise?

Yes. VIN number allocated in source code. It wasn’t there for my original P- order but appeared a day or two after I’d called them to modify my order to LR AWD. Also, when I called again this week to query why I had’t seen any updated order agreement in my account, Tesla confirmed that my order modification was correctly locked into their system and that the allocated VIN was for the modified spec vehicle. It was after that call that I got the delivery text with the date range in August.

I think I just got lucky ie. I modified my order to LR AWD, they matched my revised spec with a car already on a ship and things moved from there.

Yes. VIN number allocated in source code. It wasn’t there for my original P- order but appeared a day or two after I’d called them to modify my order to LR AWD. Also, when I called again this week to query why I had’t seen any updated order agreement in my account, Tesla confirmed that my order modification was correctly locked into their system and that the allocated VIN was for the modified spec vehicle. It was after that call that I got the delivery text with the date range in August.

I think I just got lucky ie. I modified my order to LR AWD, they matched my revised spec with a car already on a ship and things moved from there.

That’s good. I don’t see any clue in my source code yet. I assume that I am looking at it correctly. No other communication still. Not too worried. I can take it any time. Did a straight swop - LR AWD to Performance. I thought it would be straightforward. It does make me wonder how many changed spec there were - I was assuming not that bigger a percentage, but guess it was quite substantial ( and I’m the last). The longer it goes on the more I wonder about the wisdom of having 20” wheels. I must stop watching those video blogs on YouTube!

So nearly 2 weeks since order change request, still no sign of it being actioned. Can anyone confirm that they had their account/documentation updated following a change of order when the prices changed 2 weeks ago. Looking specifically for someone who changed for P- to P+.