Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing configuration through Tesla chat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently updated my configuration from LR to P and changed the color to white. I did that all by using the Tesla.com chat because my Advisor didn’t respond to my email my email (she also sent me the wrong reservation number on her first email lol). I got a text about 2 hours later that said my Model Y would be built in 10 days.

My Tesla account still shows the old configuration though and I don’t currently have a VIN. I followed up with the chat team again and got the same person who told me it should be updated last night. Still showing the old configuration...

Anyone know is this is normal or have the same experience? I’d like to make sure it’s changed so I don’t have a call in 2 weeks to come pick up the wrong configuration. I had been looking at other vehicles before deciding on the Y and I’m still having to tell other dealers to stop calling me, yet talking to someone at Tesla has sure been more work.

Hoping this isn’t foreshadowing my future with owning one! It’s too late though, I test drove one and am in love.

Try calling in the early morning hours around 8 am PT, and you will probably get a sales agent on the phone -- i was able to correct my registration details ( small typo mistake) on the phone and the correction showed up immediately while i was on phone with the agent. Best of luck morning