Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing ECU 1537264-00-B to 1537264-20-B

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the below thread, this part seems to have something to do with the charging system on your Model 3.
CHADEMO is the most popular standard in Japan and all JDM Model 3 should work with the Tesla CHADEMO adapter.
Perhaps you have found a CCS1 charger you wish to use?
In this case you will need the Tesla CCS1 adapter plus some modifications to the charging system which is where the component you are referring probably comes in.
Can you be more specific about your situation and what you are trying to accomplish.

Just realised that you’re in Malaysia.
So assuming you have a JDM Model 3 then I’m not sure if the CCS1 upgrade is available in Japan yet, as CCS is not a popular charging standard in Japan. Possibly Japan based members can advise.
I do know that the CCS1 adapter is available in Korea and that they use the Tesla proprietary port, like USA and Japan. I presume that the parts for upgrading older Model 3 would be available there too.
As anyone will tell you Tesla are not helpful with out of country vehicles but it won’t hurt to ask.
You can also ask In Singapore as it’s closer, but I’m fairly certain that they would only have parts for the CCS2 based charging system.
Finally, you could have a chat to member @electricboat who is based in Hong Kong and has helped move a number of cars to different countries. Full disclosure, I have no knowledge of how good, bad or limited his services are, I just know that they exist so “caveat emptor” buyer beware.
Good luck.

Just realised that you’re in Malaysia.
So assuming you have a JDM Model 3 then I’m not sure if the CCS1 upgrade is available in Japan yet, as CCS is not a popular charging standard in Japan. Possibly Japan based members can advise.
I do know that the CCS1 adapter is available in Korea and that they use the Tesla proprietary port, like USA and Japan. I presume that the parts for upgrading older Model 3 would be available there too.
As anyone will tell you Tesla are not helpful with out of country vehicles but it won’t hurt to ask.
You can also ask In Singapore as it’s closer, but I’m fairly certain that they would only have parts for the CCS2 based charging system.
Finally, you could have a chat to member @electricboat who is based in Hong Kong and has helped move a number of cars to different countries. Full disclosure, I have no knowledge of how good, bad or limited his services are, I just know that they exist so “caveat emptor” buyer beware.
Good luck.
Thanks for the reference. here is our situation:

JDM Model 3 - CCS2 charging with NACS Adaptor works on Non-Tesla Chargers / Public Chargers.
But, doesn't work on Tesla's CCS2 V3 Superchargers. We want to be able to get access to Tesla's CCS2 V3 Superchargers.

How can we do that? Is there a way to enable that by just swapping the ECU part no?

I have no information about this retrofitting US charging controller with EU charging controller, but I found this thread:
There are a few TMC members who actually did this.

Theoretically the only differences between CCS1 and CCS2 are the plug design, but your case shows that there’s more to it.
The export and sale of JDM vehicles is common throughout Asia. I’ve just come back from holidays in Sri Lanka and every car I got into had Japanese characters on the dashboard control buttons and one even gave instructions in Japanese that our driver had no idea what was being said.
I suppose my only point is that there will be someone somewhere exporting JDM Model 3 to other Asian countries who will have come across this problem Who my be able to help.
The only Other clue I have for you is that my research shows Malaysia uses type G plugs, indicating an electrical system similar to UK and Hong Kong. Superchargers in these areas use CCS2 as well.
If this part is causing the problem and you can find out the part version on a HK Model 3, this may lead to a solution if one is possible. However I have no special knowledge and this is purely speculation, just a potential path for your future research.
Good luck.

Hi all, just to provide an update.
I switched my ECU from 1537264-00-B to 1537264-20-B, and supercharging with Tesla V3 now works!
Awesome, I have been searching this forum for a while to see if switching the ECU to the 20-B would allow V3 CCS2 on a NACS Model Y. I am planning to bring my vehicle to Europe and plan to do the same switch. Can you recommend a place to purchase an adapter?