Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing wheel configuration on MY PUP after wheel swap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a MY with PUP and swapped the Uberturbines for 20’ TSS Sportline wheels. I asked the service center to change the wheel configuration in the software, and they said they did it, but I am wondering if there is a way for me to check that it was actually done. I swapped the wheels mostly for preference, but I am hoping my range will increase as a result.

Does someone know?

Thanks

I took delivery of a MY with PUP and swapped the Uberturbines for 20’ TSS Sportline wheels. I asked the service center to change the wheel configuration in the software, and they said they did it, but I am wondering if there is a way for me to check that it was actually done. I swapped the wheels mostly for preference, but I am hoping my range will increase as a result.

Does someone know?

Thanks

Click on the Tesla Logo up top of screen by the outside temp display, or "Software" on the menu, or see on the App.

Your car avatar should have 20" Induction wheels vs 21" Überturbines, and EPA Range should reflect about 307sh miles at 100% SoC.

See perfect Tesla T graphic below, :confused:
20200626_054423.jpg

20200626_055237.jpg

Screenshot_20200626-055833_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Someone on another thread did it through a voice command from their car. Look for the thread that I posted about my delivery and pick up and you’ll find the person who said that and you can ping him.
Thanks for the info...I have looked through your posts and can't find anything. Do you by chance have a link. I'm having anxiety about this. Haha

I swapped my wheels to TSW Hockenheim T 20"s and haven't gotten a range increase because I can't get Tesla to give me the 20" wheels in my configuration. They still think I have 21" wheels. Its passing me off. I need to get the configuration changed and am having no luck
Just tell them you got the 20 in induction wheels. If they ask for a picture send a stock picture. Someone did that in another thread and it worked.

The is was the post from the other forum member about changing wheel configuration from the car:

qingshanMember

#6Jun 26, 2020

Great news. I am planning on swapping my Gemini wheels for TSS 20s too. What did they need to change? What color option are those wheels?
Simple setting change where you inform the car of the wheel size - for mine I toggle voice command and say "Nessie, new wheels 19X8.5" She thanks me and we're off

The is was the post from the other forum member about changing wheel configuration from the car:

qingshanMember

#6Jun 26, 2020

Great news. I am planning on swapping my Gemini wheels for TSS 20s too. What did they need to change? What color option are those wheels?
Simple setting change where you inform the car of the wheel size - for mine I toggle voice command and say "Nessie, new wheels 19X8.5" She thanks me and we're off

Does not work that way.
Give it a try.
I just did, no dice.

I was able to change my Model Y PUP configuration and avatar wheels to the 20" induction wheels (even though I have different 20" aftermarket wheels installed) by texting with a service advisor...but they said it will cost $20 to change it! I said fine. Geez. So on some service work I'm having done (warranty, no charge), I have to pay a $19.50 invoice to cover a configuration change of the wheels from 21" to 20". Seriously, just to pick a different option on some dropdown I don't have access to. Anyone else get charged to make this change?

I was able to change my Model Y PUP wheels to the 20" induction wheels (even though I have different 20" aftermarket wheels) by texting with a service advisor...but they said it will cost $20 to change it! I said fine. Geez. So on some service work I'm having done (warranty, no charge), I have to pay a $19.50 invoice to cover a change of the wheels from 21" to 20". Anyone else get charged to make this change?

No charge here by Carlsbad, Ca SC.

Made appointment, explained in App.
Service called me, they did wheel config change from 21 Überturbines to 20 Inductions over the air.

$0.

My TSC finally called "the engineers" and were given the OK. So he explained to me like Tesla was scared to do this and charged me 100 bucks to make the update. Whatever. Horrible experience. I just paid it. Now I got the range increase. A very dumb situation and sad that I blew their original argument out of the water and they still pushed back.
Their original argument was about me not having tesla wheels and they would be lying if they changed the avatar and it would be a liability issue essentially. I explained that I upgraded to 26lb 20" wheels from the 38 ish lb 21" wheels and to knowingly keep the 21" on the avatar was more "unsafe" and the closest thing would be the 20" uberturbine so if we are worried about the car's driving characteristics, my oem setup was further from the truth. Anyways...they changed it for 100 bucks. Sad that everyone is so risk averse on behalf of something that makes no sense and they just dig in