Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've got a M3 RWD 2022 with about 6,000 km's (got in March) with the 18's. I have a set of wheels lying around from my previous car and thought I'd chuck it on to make it a tad different (most common white on black). It should fit judging from the specs alone, however am unsure about the bore though.

Wheel specs

• SSR GTV01
  • 18 x 8.5 +40 (5x114.3)
  • 73mm Hub Bore
  • Have a new set of Hub Centric Rings lying around (Kyo-El 73/60).
    • Will these work or do I need a new set?
    • Recently saw a post from WoodWombat who said that the Tesla hub has a small step in it? Not entirely sure what this means

My goal is to spend the least amount to swap the rims over. Given the tyres haven't been used that much (should have another 30km on it?), am thinking of swapping these tyres onto the SSR wheels and also re-use the TPMS rather than buying a new set. I'll keep the Tesla wheels and put it back on the car when I sell it in a few years but would likely put a tyre on one of the wheels to use as a spare.

Any recommendations for a place around the Sydney Hills (Castle Hill preferably) area who has worked with Tesla's before would be great. Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a specific jack (given the car is a bit lower)?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks