Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P after market wheel fitment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a M3P (Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with the Performance Upgrade, 2018 model). I'm considering replacing the stock 20 inch wheels with 19 inch wheels. I read quite a few posts here but still not sure about the wheel fitment.

The factory wheel spec for 19 inch wheels: 8.5 inch width, offset 40mm

1) TSF 19" Tesla Model 3 Wheel (Set of 4)
  • Size: 19x8.5", 19x9.5"
  • Offset: +35
a) Would it fit?
b) Given the 'stepped' hub design for the M3P model, does anyone know if the TSF wheel is compatible? It has the correct center bore size (64.1mm), does the bore have a 'step' (70.10mm) at the end? Or a lip delete kit is needed (I'd rather not use it)?

2) https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-3-19_-sport-wheel-and-winter-tire-package
  • 4x 19X8.5J Sport Wheels
"Note: This package is not compatible with Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with the Performance Upgrade or vehicles configured with chrome door handles and window trim (see photos below for details)."

I'm curious why is this 19 inch wheel not compatible with M3P? If so, does it mean that the above T Sportline 19 inch wheel is not compatible with M3P either?

Newbie here, thank you for your input and patience! Recommendation appreciated!

Both those wheels will work with M3P. First link says they fit the performance.

Second link says they don't fit vehicles with chrome trim LMAO?

M3P fits all Tesla wheels except the 18s (Performance brakes are too big)

What do you want from your new wheels/tires?
Tsportline is pretty overpriced for what they sell.
OEM wheels have they pluses, but why would you need winter tires of a sub-par variety?
I recently replaced my tires, America's Tire told me 3 of the 4 20 inch OEM wheels were bent. Trying to decide what to do.

My options are:
1) Repair the bent rims @$150 per rim. Bay area road condition sucks, so it may happen again.
2) Get after market wheels. Do people generally go down to 19 inch? I like the fitment of Tsportline (no spacer or hub ring needed) but do find them to be overpriced. Any good quality alternatives?

For tires, I went with Falken Azenis FK460 A/S. Great price. Quiet on local but loud on freeway so I might swap with something else.

I'm a pretty boring driver, prefer reliable wheels and quieter tire (FK460 price is great though!)

Recommendations? Thanks!

What do you want from your new wheels/tires?
Tsportline is pretty overpriced for what they sell.
OEM wheels have they pluses, but why would you need winter tires of a sub-par variety?
Obviously not the OP here but you state that Tsportline is overpriced. I'm actually looking to replace the oems to 18" on a m3p once I take delivery and haven't found any other mention of aftermarkets that would fit a M3P except tsportline.

If you or anyone else happened to know of better please let us know.

Obviously not the OP here but you state that Tsportline is overpriced. I'm actually looking to replace the oems to 18" on a m3p once I take delivery and haven't found any other mention of aftermarkets that would fit a M3P except tsportline.

If you or anyone else happened to know of better please let us know.
I literally had an example of what fits in the post right above yours.
In general, there are plenty of 18" wheels that fit to choose from.

Newbie here……..but I have a quick question regarding aftermarket wheels on my 23 Model 3 Performance.

Short story, I had the 20” uberturbines swapped out with new 19” aftermarket wheels. I got the 73.1mm to 64.1mm hub rings to help center the wheels on the hub as well. Tire shop installed the new wheels and said everything mounted up good and I basically drove home. On my drive home, I noticed clunky noise coming from the wheels primarily on bumps and inspected the wheels when I got home. All lugs are still tight but it seems like the wheel isn’t completely flush on the hub because I can see a tiny hairline gap.

I read about the stepped lip hub that we have on the performance model so I have 3mm spacers on the way. Just wanted to get some input if anyone has dealt with the same problem and how they fixed this problem.

Unless the hub rings were machined to fit over the lip that'll be why the wheels didn't fit flush. They'll likely be squashed now and useless so the best way to fix the problem IMO is to get hub rings designed to fit the M3P. Here's an example, but for wheels with a 72.6mm bore, so not for you but just so you can see what I mean.

Unless the hub rings were machined to fit over the lip that'll be why the wheels didn't fit flush. They'll likely be squashed now and useless so the best way to fix the problem IMO is to get hub rings designed to fit the M3P. Here's an example, but for wheels with a 72.6mm bore, so not for you but just so you can see what I mean.
So you recommended going with hub rings that will fit the larger part of the hub lip (70.1mm) instead of the 64.1mm I got to accommodate to smaller part of the step hub?

Got a picture of the rings you got? It's possible those are not the issue, if their outer edge is just a 73.1mm-wide cylinder w/o any wider parts.
In general, you don't really need hub rings, just mount your wheels slowly.

Attachments

• IMG_5300.png
    IMG_5300.png
    562.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5302.png
    IMG_5302.png
    510.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5301.png
    IMG_5301.png
    337 KB · Views: 20