Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-off 90kW vs. 120kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I have had the exact opposite experience where I get variations in my charge/taper from day to day at the same stall. I've charged quite a few times at the Roseville charger as it is a good place to go to dinner/shopping on the way home from work. There is never anyone else there (probably the least used Supercharger I have seen... except on Tahoe Fridays and Sundays I'm sure). I always get the same stall, and I always get there with almost the exact same SOC. The result always varies.

Perhaps, you struck luck and got conditions that lined up to a similar curve? Perhaps there is something else that is the final limiting factor for your car. Maybe your car is the most restrictive link in the chain in your charging process, so you are always at the max of its capability. I know I've seen other A packs that have matched mine's capability, so perhaps there is something else that is affecting yours. And I'm still convinced that a variance from charge to charge of several kw charging rate won't greatly vary the total time you're waiting.