Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Point chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in Lake Havasu AZ last week and wanted to charge my MS at a charge point station. I located a charge point station at the Heat hotel in Lake Havasu. I drove to the Heat hotel and found the Charge Point charger had a lock on it. I did ask the hotel clerk if I could use the charge. He told me there would be a 45 dollar charge to hook up. I have used charge point chargers at other locations and I just used my charge point card to charge the car. I did locate another charge point charger a few miles down the road at the local Nissan Dealer and there was no charge. I even had some free coffee. I did report this to Charge Point and was told that the charge should not be locked. I do hope that charge point removes the Heat Hotel from its app. Ray

• Informative
Reactions: Matsayz and MarcoRP
I was in Lake Havasu AZ last week and wanted to charge my MS at a charge point station. I located a charge point station at the Heat hotel in Lake Havasu. I drove to the Heat hotel and found the Charge Point charger had a lock on it. I did ask the hotel clerk if I could use the charge. He told me there would be a 45 dollar charge to hook up. I have used charge point chargers at other locations and I just used my charge point card to charge the car. I did locate another charge point charger a few miles down the road at the local Nissan Dealer and there was no charge. I even had some free coffee. I did report this to Charge Point and was told that the charge should not be locked. I do hope that charge point removes the Heat Hotel from its app. Ray

Charge Point does not own their chargers they sell them directly to property owners so the property can implement any controls they choose like locking them out in this case.

Yet again another shitty business model for charging.

• Informative
Reactions: Matsayz
Charge Point does not own their chargers they sell them directly to property owners so the property can implement any controls they choose like locking them out in this case.

Yet again another shitty business model for charging.
I can understand if the Heat Hotel owns the charger they can do what they want with it. Why is that charger listed on Charge points app?

It appears OP was not a guest of the Heat Hotel so he should not expect free electricity from this establishment. However, even if he was a guest, management can charge any fee the market will bear. Remember, it is their electricity and they may be responsible for EVSE maintenance too.

I have an assigned parking space with a ChargePoint charger in Boston. It only delivers 19 mph, but that's adequate for me. It's a sweet deal for only $20/mo. Don't ask the monthly fee for parking.

Customer service at ChargePoint is horrible. There's so much voltage drop in their equipment that the ms often reports a faulty extension cord and rolls-back power 25% for safety. 5 attempts for service fell on deaf ears. They won't even talk to me.

Terrible PR, I would never buy a home charger from Chargepoint !