Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port door sensor fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matt L

Jul 20, 2018
OK USA
7FFE91BF-4E58-4FB9-BB05-9BEED91C1591.jpeg

I searched and only saw this in an S thread.

I drove for about an hour today in the rain, parked and saw a movie, and when I came out I had this error message. Port seems to work fine. I’ve tried resetting the car. Any thoughts?

I recall having something similar. I got a message from the car saying to schedule a service appointment to have it looked at despite it working normally. They ended up replacing it and separately replaced the 12v battery (they said it was flagged for replacement internally).

I recall having something similar. I got a message from the car saying to schedule a service appointment to have it looked at despite it working normally. They ended up replacing it and separately replaced the 12v battery (they said it was flagged for replacement internally).
I scheduled a service. I suspect it’s going to clear

There’s a little diamond shaped flat piece of metal that’s supposed to be glued to the inside of your charge port door to tell a sensor when it’s closed. I bet if you look you won’t find one on your door. They have a habit of falling off. Door will operate normally except it won’t open when you push on the door. If you happen to find it lying on your garage floor, you can glue it back on yourself.

View attachment 427111

I searched and only saw this in an S thread.

I drove for about an hour today in the rain, parked and saw a movie, and when I came out I had this error message. Port seems to work fine. I’ve tried resetting the car. Any thoughts?
I got this issue once after locking up the brakes and swerving to avoid a crash. In my case it went away on it's own after an hour or so.

• Informative
Reactions: Matt L