Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model Y 6 days ago. When I charge, things so smoothly. When I goto unplug the charger handle (press button on handle and wait for white logo to appear) I then remove the charger:

• About a few seconds after I remove the charger handle from the charge port, the logo turns solid red and there is an error on my screen saying Unable to Charge -- and the pin seems to shoot back up into a locked position, with no charger inserted.
  • After lots of trial and error and calling into support, I have to then pull the emergency charge port release down to pull the pin down.
  • The car rests for about 3-4 hours and the error clear itself, and then I can charge again.
Clearly there is a problem and i have a service appt later this month for them to look at the charge port. Anyone seeing any issues like this at all? Am i unplugging the charger incorrectly somehow. See attached photo of the error -- with some type of error code that partially visible too.. Thanks!

rdVfvYQ.jpg

Software related, the Model S and X community was also having this issue and firmware 2020.8 and 2020.12 fixed it.

in the mean time do a steering wheel 2 button reboot and see if that corrects the glitch.

Fred