Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging limitation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day all, I have a 2023 Tesla Model Y RWD model with the battery that has a 100% regular charge limit. I’m in Europe and mostly use the non-tesla chargers with ~3kwh charging speed.
With Type2 connector and slow speeds (3kwh) I never can add more than 30kw per session that is roughly 50% of battery. After that each time charging interrupts.

Tesla has replaced my cable but the issue stays. They said next would be charging port replacement.

I wonder if anyone else had a similar issue? And what was the resolution?

Good day all, I have a 2023 Tesla Model Y RWD model with the battery that has a 100% regular charge limit. I’m in Europe and mostly use the non-tesla chargers with ~3kwh charging speed.
With Type2 connector and slow speeds (3kwh) I never can add more than 30kw per session that is roughly 50% of battery. After that each time charging interrupts.

Tesla has replaced my cable but the issue stays. They said next would be charging port replacement.

Have you ever, at any point in time, signed up for ANY third party application that can interact with your car? By third party app I mean ANY application that can interact with your car in any way that is not the tesla app. The question also covers anything you might have signed up for and canceled.

If so, try changing your password and not using whatever it is, while you troubleshoot.

Upvote 0
The charging at public locations is used via third party applications. I use two different apps and the set up is basic, aka set up an account and use it to charge your vehicle.
The app sends the signal to the station to start charging. One uses a physical card to initiate it. Charging can be stopped via the app or the Tesla app.
Not sure if I can interact with stations w/o the app. I can try one of them that has a card and will see how it goes.
For now, I'm as clueless as the Tesla support center itself. They did not see any issues on their end when trouble-shooting remotely. However, mechanics did show me that there was some kind of "alert" when charging stopped. This alert is ONLY seen when they connect to the "service" part of the software, aka "mechanic mode".

Upvote 0

Just got to confirm, your charging slider is at 100%? Try dropping it and see if there is a difference.

And just got to confirm it, have you tried multiple chargers?

Is there an indication of the reason for the interruption? What happens if you plug it back in?

Upvote 0
The third party apps that are being used are "Miio" and "Via Verde".
I am not familiar with those apps, but just a quick look at this "Miio" app returns this:

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 11.49.39 AM.png

"Start, Track and end charging sessions remotely" is part of the feature set.

Whenever people have these "I dont know what is going on with my charging! Its doing (insert strange set of circumstances) and I dont know why! It doesnt happen to (insert other people)", the VAST majority of the time (but not all) its related to something interacting with the car that the poster has, that others dont.

It happens enough that its the first question I always ask (like I did here).

Since this app can "start, track and end" charging, and you are having issues with wondering why your charging is stopping, the very first thing you should do is stop using this app, AND change your tesla account password, and see if the issue continues.

Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0