Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Gird or Vehicle issue Limiting AC Charging - Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have an issue when trying to Charge at my workplace. (11kw Charger 3 Phase - 16 AMPS - Andersen)

I am getting the below error message 'Power Gird or Vehicle issue Limiting AC Charging'

I have colleagues who also have Teslas which charge at 11kw with no issue. It just seems to be my vehicle. (Not charger related)

I am under warranty and Tesla are going to do the below

AC Cable - Charge Port to HV Battery (3-Phase) (Remove & Replace) - Remove and Replace - Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty
Charge Vehicle to 100% SOC (China) - Customer Pay

Anyone had an issue like this before? Tesla seemed to think it was the chargers fault.

Attachments

• Skype_Picture_2024_01_26T10_05_31_499Z.jpeg
    Skype_Picture_2024_01_26T10_05_31_499Z.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 40
I'd agree its the charger's fault. I don't have much familiarity with UK HPWCs, but its my understanding that they are delivering three phases of power, presumably all with reference to a common ground wire.

248V at 16A is 3968W(essentially 4kw), and in theory three phases of that would be 12kw. Your screen is showing 8kw, meaning one phase isn't supplying any power. Since you know other Teslas are charging fine at that location it must be the cable or the onboard charger that's failed.

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus
Upvote 0