Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my car into annual service (2 months booking in advance). Based on other posts, understand it will take 3 working days (still can't work out why). Today received a call from Tesla, and now due to hong kong humidity, the charge port may have condensation problem which leads to potential charging failure.

Tesla in Hong Kong said they will conduct an inspection, however, this will add another few days, and if the charge cable (inside the car) needs to be replaced, a total of further 7 days are required. This means I have no car for 10 days in total.

didn't even bother asking for a loaner, as the chance is like winning mark six.

Wrote to Elon via his facebook, hope things will be better in the future.

P.S. after the back seats are removed for charge port inspection, i simply hope everything is put back in place as they should be.

that sucks quite a bit, i hope you can get your car back with all issues fixed soon. do understand that Tesla HK is severly overworked at the moment, they just don't have enough workshop space/ staff/ warehouse space to deal with such high amount of new orders coming in/ cars need fixing etc. The service is considered quite poor at the moment but a lot of it is out of their control.

i have my own issues with them but that's another story... just out of interest, do your mirrors (rear and side ones) dim at night/ certain times of the day? do they get too dark?

EDIT: just to avoid hijacking your thread, my mirror dimming issue is another thread Rear/ Side mirrors auto-dimming in Model S, and my attempt to disable it