Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charge port RED, can't charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting. How does a software update not update something and still think the update completed successfully? As part of the install it should check to make sure everything was in fact updated successfully, if not, it should roll back to a previous known working version. Maybe I don't understand the Tesla update process fully, but I would think it should very close to fail-safe. Something similar to how you would update a satellite or Mars rover.
i have a software background and i couldn’t agree with you more, i posed a similar question when i picked up my car and was given a weak response and then told there are a lot of firmware issues lately- yikes! best of luck updating everyone!

i have a software background and i couldn’t agree with you more, i posed a similar question when i picked up my car and was given a weak response and then told there are a lot of firmware issues lately- yikes! best of luck updating everyone!
Same background here. That's why I found this interesting. I wonder if every Tesla has a ROM chip (unchangeable memory) that has the original proven firmware loaded in case it has to roll back to something that is known to work correctly.

Upgraded to 42.2 yesterday, no issues driving yesterday, plugged in last night and found that the car didn't charge when I checked this morning. Below are the error messages, also the charge port light is solid red. I tried 2 steering wheel ball reboot, not change.View attachment 347804 Thoughts? (on hold with Tesla customer service)

Bro I had same happen (P85+) Its cold or and moisture got in to the part that lets you put the charger on , if you wiggle it in a treat it like a virgin itll override disfunctional peice an break hymen