Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS retrofit completed with new ECU, but still need to Charge Port Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model 3 and replaced the ECU because the CCS retrofit would be nice, but also because the charge port door wasn't opening reliably and then very recently the charging "T" light was sporadic too (Note, the first time I ever remember seeing a problem with the light was after I unplugged/reset the original ECU, and first noticed that they unplugged color changed greenish/yellow when unplugged.). Almost every time I unplugged the ECU, the charge port door would open more reliably for a short time.

However, the original ECU had a flashing red light, so I thought it might be the problem. After replacing the ECU with the ECU4 and bundle of wires from 2muchsun, I actually got the the software update stuck like here:

Ccs1 adapter upgrade software update issue | 2 Much Sun, LLC

After a reboot, CCS was enabled.

Unfortunately, I now have an error always on screen that states the “Charge Port LEDs may not illuminate” but charging is OK. Not surprised… since I figured the door opening and closing and that light didn’t have to do with the ECU, but perhaps the new one can detect the LED error.

Anyhow, I want to replace the charge port door, but no matter how much I search I cannot actually figure out which replacement part is the newer/better one to use, and whether a newer version will require the bundle of wires or not:
1566302-00-A
1566302-00-G

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I’ve been thinking about this… Is there any chance at the failed first software update/flash of the ECU caused problems with the new ECU? The only active alert in service mode is CP_a012_ledDriver

Last edited:
Update, I put in a mobile service request and noted that I had a new ECU. I’m being quoted to replace with part 1566302-10-G…. Note the 10. I’m guessing that’s the new one that is actually compatible with EVU4. The cheapest I see that part on mine is used for almost $200 with shipping on eBay so I might just get this mobile service taken care of for $237 total. ($120 parts.)