Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port release pull tab broke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ninpb

Jun 19, 2018
So Cal
The pull tab inside the trunk used for a stuck charge adapter broke off while pulling on it. Luckily i was still able to release it by pulling on the cable with my finger tips. Hoping this is a quick fix that I can't just drop by service without and sppoappoint today.

Reactions: JTrail
Ooo, hope it’s fixed soon. Let us know.

We were at a Supercharger a week or so ago at night and approached by a female owner who had a stuck charge port door while charging. I had recently read on TMC that a release lever existed but wasn’t sure how to access it exactly, so a quick search online brought up a video. All of us got an education about that that night. Got her set, thankfully nothing broke while pulling it, did a bug report for her (fairly new owner), and strongly suggested while she was up in the bay area visiting that she head over to a SC and drop in for a quick look and hopefully a repair. Bad problem to have in general with charge port especially when hundreds of miles from home and stuck trying to charge to get home.

• Helpful
Reactions: JTrail
I'll one-up you. My pull tab and the 2 foot cable connecting it ripped right out of my trunk. I'm not especially strong. At least I was home, but that probably wouldn't have happened in the first place if i were using a wall connector or supercharger. The charger is still stuck.