Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Charge port requires service" YIKES!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving home from a friends and it started giving me an error "Charging port requires service" while driving down the road. I get home and try to charge and it won't work, saying it's having trouble communicating with the charging equipment. When I try to drive it thinks the charging cable is still plugged in. What a mess! Here are some of the errors attached. I'm not sure what to do so I called roadside assistance and I'm waiting for their response in the morning. Anybody ever seen this?

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpeg
    IMG_1142.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_1143.jpeg
    IMG_1143.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1123.jpeg
    IMG_1123.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 270
If you dont hear from them in the morning, call roadside again. If the car thinks its plugged in, it cant be driven at all, so this is definitely a roadside issue.
It still drives. As per screenshot, I can override the message but I only have 50% battery left so not trying to go anywhere. Really hope these guys come with extra charging ports in their vehicle! haha

It still drives. As per screenshot, I can override the message but I only have 50% battery left so not trying to go anywhere. Really hope these guys come with extra charging ports in their vehicle! haha

Charge ports can definitely be replaced by mobile service... but with that being said, roadside assistance isnt mobile service. I thought it couldnt be driven. Roadside assistance would be who would help you get a tow to the service center. They are not mobile service, though, its the same towtruck drivers that come for just about every other roadside assistance (AAA, BMW, Mercedes, etc etc etc).

If you are anywhere near a SC you should try making an appointment in the app for "whatever the closest date is", then, monday morning, calling that SC and letting them know the issue and asking them if you can bring it in today (monday).

Charge ports can definitely be replaced by mobile service... but with that being said, roadside assistance isnt mobile service. I thought it couldnt be driven. Roadside assistance would be who would help you get a tow to the service center. They are not mobile service, though, its the same towtruck drivers that come for just about every other roadside assistance (AAA, BMW, Mercedes, etc etc etc).

If you are anywhere near a SC you should try making an appointment in the app for "whatever the closest date is", then, monday morning, calling that SC and letting them know the issue and asking them if you can bring it in today (monday).
Roadside said they'll call and coordinate with SC as my car not having the ability to recharge seems like a major issue. We shall see in the morning. Will report my progress.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Roadside said they'll call and coordinate with SC as my car not having the ability to recharge seems like a major issue. We shall see in the morning. Will report my progress.

There you go.... yeah it is an issue they will escalate. Hopefully they can get you mobile service out. As I said, mobile can definitely do a charge port, in your driveway, pretty quickly too.