Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargepoint pay-as-you-go or prepaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though I had my 50A circuit installed at the house, my company offers Chargepoint L2 for $1/hr, capped at $4, plus it's right near the door as a parking perk.

Has anyone successfully used Chargepoint as a pay-as-you-go instead of their debit system? I don't even mind giving them $25 in a balance, but I don't want them auto-renewing me at $10 since I can't imagine I will be using it frequently.

I have a Chargepoint account with two cards. Unless something has changed since 2014 when we opened this account the renewal only activates when you deplete the credit card amount you specify. You may also want to check their "Connections" list to see if your employer has signed up to pay for or pay part of the cost of charging at that Chargepoint EVSE unit. We do not use Chargepoint often but when in the Seattle area we have found them to be reliable. I just remembered too, you can use their website to get an authorization code that you then enter at the EVSE unit.

Thanks, Jack. I will give it a shot and hope that I can control the reset point when I create an account. I also have one of those prepaid debit cards from a mail-in-rebate, I may try to use that since it will be depleted before I use $25 on CP ;-)

I have also have a ChargePoint card and free charging available at work. :cool:
Never paid a dime for using the EV chargers beyond the original CC deposit.

ChargePoint stats 2016.JPG