Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger broke my OCB - is it possible?

Do you think that external Tesla charger damaged my On Board Charger?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Try again and see if it breaks again

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So long story short: I fixed crashed Tesla S and changed original On Board Charger to European 3P OCB bought a used from UK - it's a 3rd gen charger, but I have no idea of how many charging cycles it was used in or how much miles/km donor car had.

I also bought used Tesla 1st gen 3P charger and from different person Red connector.

I used it few times before one night it tripped my breaker (the main breaker). After many tries and using different charger it turned out the problem is with the car. The car had few error regarding that the charger is throwing errors ( just before tripping the breaker ).

So once again long story short: it turned out that protection diode failed on phase 1. Had to take it out and apart. Fortunatly my friend was able to change it and when I put the OCB back in the car it worked normally - uf uf uf.

So far I used 1 phase charger and Supercharging around max 130-140 kw DC and it works normally. But I wanted to get back to 3P charging at home. When plugged my 3P charger it threw an error but after short while it started charging. I left in just for half an hour.

So the big question. Maybe someone had similar situation?