Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging a few times a day to stay 50-70%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My daily schedule has me flipping and flopping back to my house 2 times a day. Usually I leave the House with 70% or so, then I’ll get back with 40% or so, plug it up and charge to 70% again, get back home and let it charge back to 70% for the next day. So I’m going through 2 plugups a day to keep it close to the optimal 50-70% area.

I know it’s been covered about how much it effects range if you don’t bother with keeping it in that area.

Just curious on everyone’s thoughts of plugging up twice a day to sustain 50-70% as much as possible?

Probably worth it for the battery health of staying at that vicinity of charge? Or am I doing more harm by putting it through recharge so often.

Plug it in every time you’re home. It’s what the owners manual says is best for the battery. It won’t hurt anything except your pocket book if electricity is cheaper at night where you live. Depth of discharge is worse than topping off, within reasonable charge limit bounds.

This is especially true with such a low charge point of 70%. You’ve got nothing to worry about!

Reactions: selfbp and vrykolas
Plug it in every time you’re home. It’s what the owners manual says is best for the battery. It won’t hurt anything except your pocket book if electricity is cheaper at night where you live. Depth of discharge is worse than topping off, within reasonable charge limit bounds.

This is especially true with such a low charge point of 70%. You’ve got nothing to worry about!

Yes. Good to hear. Answers that!