Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging advice in Cornwall area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie……Non Supercharger Options? Hi Team. So far loving my M3, but only ever used Superchargers or my home. About to do big road trip to Cornwall. What’s the best Fast Chargers to look out for? Do I need to join some special subscription? Or I see there are some fast chargers at BP garages? Which cable do I need in my boot? Appreciate all guidance. Cheers!

Newbie……Non Supercharger Options? Hi Team. So far loving my M3, but only ever used Superchargers or my home. About to do big road trip to Cornwall. What’s the best Fast Chargers to look out for? Do I need to join some special subscription? Or I see there are some fast chargers at BP garages? Which cable do I need in my boot? Appreciate all guidance. Cheers!
Happy to answer but not on the supercharger site news thread

Ui
Hi, I've just done the trip to Cornwall from SW London and used only Tesla superchargers at Tongham, Amesbury, Launceston (actually at Lifton) and Redruth (actually at Camborne). I had no problems and used my tesla sat nav for guidance to the actual charger locations. I avoided Exeter as it said no chargers available, probably due to congestion, but will use the new SC at Exeter next time I go down that way. Do take a ccs adapter with you if you have an earlier model S like mine. Have a good holiday!

Ui
Hi, I've just done the trip to Cornwall from SW London and used only Tesla superchargers at Tongham, Amesbury, Launceston (actually at Lifton) and Redruth (actually at Camborne). I had no problems and used my tesla sat nav for guidance to the actual charger locations. I avoided Exeter as it said no chargers available, probably due to congestion, but will use the new SC at Exeter next time I go down that way. Do take a ccs adapter with you if you have an earlier model S like mine. Have a good holiday!
Also, very useful for pre-trip planning is "A Better Route Planner" which I discovered via a recommendation from the founder of this thread. You give the app your vehicle details and your preferred parameters from the options then plan, name and save your routes..

The only thing I have found a tad irritating is the need to log off and on again to change your set parameter. Otherwise, a great tool to inspire confidence and dispel range anxiety. With wall point charging at home and Tesla's ever improving network, the first 900 miles has been a delight and a doddle.