Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with EV energy and Tesla app for smartcharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ashti9876

Sep 12, 2020
UK
Hi,
I have a leased MY which I charge at home using Rolec charger and ev energy app. Apparently, Tesla upgraded their connection to third-party apps, requiring all drivers to re-pair the car using the new connection. Each time I open the ev energy app, message 'pair' tesla appears which i am unable to perform via tesla a/c since I am not identified as the 'owner' of the a/c. Now I am unable to 'smart' charge; non-smart charge is still possible but I need to reset the connection/plug-unplug charger cable each time. EV energy and Lease company are trying to deploy a 'fix' for the app. Has anyone else had such issues and any advice appreciated. Charging away from home is not an issue.Thanks.
SCR-20240121-jpcg.png

Hi did you get to the bottom of this? I’m having the same issues but I am unable to plug in and charge as the app isn’t letting me boost and just keeps trying to pair with my car!? Any help would be great

No further forward unfortunately. Apparently Tesla are aware of the issue and are going to issue an update to the car/app, which is meant to offer a fix. I am able to charge via the Tesla app; ev energy keeps trying to pair (unsuccessfully); but remains connected in the background i.e can't be used to smart charge.