Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging cable not fully secured

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it was the Proximity Detection which involves the latch lever on the charging cables. Make sure you open and close it a few times when attaching your J1772 adapter to the charger plug. Also, make sure the latch is pushed all the way down on the adapter. This has worked for me and I have never had the problem again. Hope his helps your situation.

Same thing is happening to me. My apartment has six ChargePoint dual port chargers, and about half of them are now doing this every time. Brand new 4 day old M3P.
For me it was the Proximity Detection which involves the latch lever on the charging cables. Make sure you open and close it a few times when attaching your J1772 adapter to the charger plug. Also, make sure the latch is pushed all the way down on the adapter. This has worked for me and I have never had the problem again. Hope this helps your situation.

Hi,

My car has this same error message. It happens every time and with every charger so the problem is the car. My home charger charges dispite the error but superchargers sometimes do and sometimes not, so it's a huge gamble to go for road trip.

Anyone know how much it cost to fix this? (Warranty expired)

I've got this dreaded error too. Wife's Y and sons Toyota Prius Prime charge fine (wife mostly charges at work so only tried a few times, my 3 sometimes works fine too). I noticed the ChargePoint updated in Feb which is likely when my issue started.

I also noticed if I leave it plugged in overnight it tends to be charged in am although several notifications overnight of error.

Mine is ChargePoint CPH25.

Sounds like a software bug. Sometimes rebooting charger solves it but tonight that isn't working. Once I power cycled ChargePoint then it worked.

I had this for the first (and, so far, only) time two days ago. The car (MYLR, 2022) had been plugged in with my Tesla Wall Connector since the previous day, so when the message came up there was no charging going on*. There was nothing insecure about the connection. Unless it repeats itself I'm going to assume it is Just One of Those Things.

*I guess that the car could have use some trivial amount of power just sitting there, and the system might have been trying to make that up, but the car had been at full (for me, 84%) charge for hours.

I got this message in my iPhone after purchasing a second mobile charger to keep with me in my trunk. Hence it’s only charging 16amp
When I plug in the original mobile charger I bought it’s still fine at 32amp.

I tried. Cleaning it out with a clean and dry Q tip but still getting the error.

Appreciate whatever advice here.

Attachments

• IMG_3974.jpeg
    IMG_3974.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3972.jpeg
    IMG_3972.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3973.jpeg
    IMG_3973.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 11