Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging equipment not recognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 2022.44.25.5 a few days ago. Once I updated the charge port stopped unlocking after charging by simply pushing button on charger. I had to unlock in app or through on screen in car. Yesterday I plugged into my outdoor NEMA 14-50 and it wouldn’t charge. Charge port light would stay blue and I’d get error message of “charging equipment not recognized”. We have an uncanny cold front right now so outdoor temps are below freezing so I thought May have something to do with cold temp. Came home and tried in my garage on standard 110 outlet and it would connect and charge for a few minutes and then stop charging and get same error. Any thoughts? I put in a service ticket but I live too far away to drive car to a service center if I can’t charge it. Who or how do I contact Tesla for a possible remote diagnosis? Also, I’ve notice the light on the mobile charger is staying solid once it is plugged into car. Not blinking to indicate charging. Thanks for any help or advice

2021+ Model S btw