Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the blast, but we are Model S owners who traveled to Arnold,CA for the weekend but forgot to bring our charging equipment (including cord) and are running low on charge. Are there any gracious tesla owners in the area that would let us borrow their cord for a few hours, or have any suggestions? We may be able to limp back to the Manteca supercharger but it will be tight. Thanks in advance!!!

Best of luck. You might get more local eyeballs in California

According to EV Trip Planner you should only need about 40 RM to reach Manteca, because of regen. If you don't think you'll make that, I think your easiest answer might be the Bear Valley Lodge: 25 RM should get you up there, and they're supposed to have two public Tesla destination chargers. It can be a nice drive, and it's a nice spot for lunch. I'd call ahead to confirm that the chargers are available: (209) 753-2327 according to Find Us | Tesla

If even 25 RM sounds risky, Tesla also shows a couple of DCs in Murphys. They're both "patrons only", but soft words and a smile sometimes work wonders. Getting to Murphys should use net negative charge, it's on your way home, and there are some nice places for lunch. You could also try the Delicato tasting room's destination charger, if you think you might hit zero in between there and Manteca. But they might insist that you drink some of their wine.

If I were already at or near zero in Arnold, without a UMC, I guess I'd look for Teslas on the road and in the larger parking lots like the supermarket. I might also call the local realtors. One of them might know a Tesla owner who's in town for the weekend.