Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging interrupted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is the second time this had happened to me. I’ve taken a trip where the charge goes down to less than 30% SOC then when I start my home charge (lvl 2 nema 14-50) my charging cycle has been interrupted at 111 miles. For what it is worth, I’m on the newest software 2019.16.2.

Curious if anyone else has seen this issue?

So this is the second time this had happened to me. I’ve taken a trip where the charge goes down to less than 30% SOC then when I start my home charge (lvl 2 nema 14-50) my charging cycle has been interrupted at 111 miles. For what it is worth, I’m on the newest software 2019.16.2.

Curious if anyone else has seen this issue?

Could be your wiring ..ie the umc getting hot and stopping charging ..hard to speculate as besides saying you have a 14-50 you don’t mention wire size what 3 u have ie some have 48a chargers others 32a ..my guess is this is local to you nothing with software

Sorry about that. I have a LR AWD M3. The wire used was 6 gauge wire on a 50 amp breaker at approximately 35 ft of run. Voltage readout is 241V using a meter. I am using the provided Tesla charger from the kit. I have never once had issues with the charge being interrupted (2000 home miles) except these two instances.