Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging issue. 1/mi range per hour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
your turn signals will always work even if mcu is dead. You just won’t hear the clicking sound. They are wired directly to the relay and bypass the MCU. You may not “hear” them blinking but they are
I believe that is not true for all cars - Tesla changed their design a lot through the years. IIRC the emergency blinkers are always working, but directional blinkers using the steering wheel controls might not work wihout the MCU - depending on which vintage car you have. Check out the threads on dead MCU1 and emmc replacement, different people report different behaviors when their MCU dies.

My blinkers don’t work, I’ve checked.

what’s the cost for parts and labor on a MCU2? I can’t even book a service appt since the app won’t connect and their phone support is useless, so I’ll swing by the service center today and get this going.

My blinkers don’t work, I’ve checked.

what’s the cost for parts and labor on a MCU2? I can’t even book a service appt since the app won’t connect and their phone support is useless, so I’ll swing by the service center today and get this going.

$2500 for MCU2, if they offer to re-use the glass portion and you accept the offer, $250 off of the $2500