Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging limit reset to older setting.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the other night reset set my charge limit after a road trip to ~60%. 100%+ it was reset correctly, even confirmed in the ap. The next morning I awoke to it being charged to what I had set it at the previous day to 97%(glad I looked at it in the morning!). I didn't want to leave it at that high state of charge so found myself dropping off the wife at work(she usually transits or bikes) and running errands in generally not the best weather. It would be left for about 2-3days at 97% if I didn't drive it. Anyone else ever have this happen?

97 is fine
Actually 97% isn't great(Are you killing your lithium batteries? - Electrek) to do unless you really need it and I would avoid spreading that myth here. We tend to defend past incorrect actions when faced with new facts that conflict with past behaviours. I have 85000km(52k miles) on my car and only at 3-4% degradation and also have briefly got 129kW charging with recent updates, I want to keep that as long as possible.
Now back to the point of my post I was hoping to find someone else that this has happened to. At the moment I'm hoping it is a one off glitch but worry I now will be wasting time checking the ap when my car is plugged in to avoid this happening again.