Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Limited after Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sparkleys

Apr 26, 2024
NJ
My 2018 Model X previously charged at 48A with a Gen 3 Wall Connector. After the latest update (2024.8.9), its now limited to 24A. Sometime during the night (presumably after the update), I did find that my circuit breaker tripped and had to reset that this AM.

I can confirm that I am still able to charge at 48A on my Model 3.

Any ideas?

My 2018 Model X previously charged at 48A with a Gen 3 Wall Connector. After the latest update (2024.8.9), its now limited to 24A. Sometime during the night (presumably after the update), I did find that my circuit breaker tripped and had to reset that this AM.

Any ideas?

It's now showing 24/24? Or is it 24/48?

While I hope not, it may represent failure in one of the charging units. See if you can find another L2 with more than 24A charging and see if the problem exists.

Any ideas?
Do you have more than one wall connector? If you do, attempt a charge from the same WC the X is using, make sure it still charges at 48. Since your X is showing 24/24, it is very likely you have lost one of the 24 amp chargers. The other thing is the wall connector also controls max charge speed. That is why it is important to check with your other car.

A 2018 Model X originally was equipped for maximum 72 amp AC charging, using three 24 amp internal chargers. It is curious that your breaker popped, I assume it is on 60 amp circuit? I am going out on a limb here and submit that at least one of the 24 amp modules failed, which may have caused the breaker to trip. A single 24 amp charger is all that you have left. This will require Tesla to fix.