Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Port Placement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this supposed to be a serious post ? Unless someones EVSE cable was two feet long why would this be needed ? Most cables can stretch across a two car garage easily

Was this supposed to be a serious post ? Unless someones EVSE cable was two feet long why would this be needed ? Most cables can stretch across a two car garage easily
My outlet is in front of the car and the cord is just barely long enough to reach my car, it would not be anywhere near long enough to charge a car sitting next to me with the current setup. Put a charge port on the passenger side and yeah, I turn around and plug in.

Reactions: DermMD and P85_DA
My outlet is in front of the car and the cord is just barely long enough to reach my car, it would not be anywhere near long enough to charge a car sitting next to me with the current setup. Put a charge port on the passenger side and yeah, I turn around and plug in.

Makes sense I have a 24’ WC that thing can stretch over under sideways and still has slack ;) ...yes the UMCs have shorter cords ...there are companies though that can modify cord length on the UMC that may be option link below

J1772 Adapter | Home

Most UK cars have fuel filler caps on the right so I was wondering if Model 3 Right-Hand Drive vehicles might have charge ports on the right in which case then there would be car bodies with the option for right hand side charging ports.

However, thinking on it, the Model S and X RHD cars charge on the left side, so the superchargers will be set up for that; meaning that this isn't going to happen with the Model 3 as they wouldn't fit in the current charge bays.

On the up-side, having charge ports on the left does make on-street chargers easier for us here as the cars will be parked facing the correct way with the charge port on the pavement-side, rather than the road-side.

Last edited: