Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging rate at supercharger.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I stopped off at the Magog charging station to charge my car. After my pluggin I noticed that the charger was only giving me 30KW to load the car. The only other car charging was right next to mine. After she left, the car was still charging at only 30KW, so I moved to a different stall and the charging went back up to around 70KW or 80KW, can’t remember.

Can someone explain why charging was only limited initially at 30KW?

Numbered stalls share power, and the second one to plug in gets a lower power. 1A and B for example, share power. You want to plug into 2A or2B or some other number from the one in use. Not sure why it didn't ramp up after the other one left, but could be that it was just used and maybe hot, or a faulty charger.

Yesterday I stopped off at the Magog charging station to charge my car. After my pluggin I noticed that the charger was only giving me 30KW to load the car. The only other car charging was right next to mine. After she left, the car was still charging at only 30KW, so I moved to a different stall and the charging went back up to around 70KW or 80KW, can’t remember.

Can someone explain why charging was only limited initially at 30KW?

We had the same problem at the Rocky Mount station. After reading several comments, we moved through three differents charging ports here and finally got to one that charged at the normal reasonable rate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 54
It would be nice if you could see an interactive map on the navigation screen showing individual free chargers and their available charging rates. So hopefully this would steer people to open chargers rather than come and park next to you.