Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't see other vehicle charging graphs in Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I've got solar, a Powerwall, 2 Tesla wall connectors setup to load share and charge 3 Tesla vehicles (mine, my wife's car and my son's car).

Each car is on it's own account, I have access to my wife's account but can't see specific charging details on that car (2023 model Y). I can see her car including it's correct description when it's connected to a wall connector

My son has his own account, but I can't see that car other than as "Electric Vehicle" when it's connected - It's a Model 3.

I'm the "owner" of the solar installation and the 2 wall connectors.

The weird thing is I can only see vehicle charging graphs for my own car.

If my wife's or son's car gets charged, there is no vehicle graph data available, it's just treated as part of the house load. The upshot is, I'd like to easily see how much we're putting into charging all vehicles on the app graph for Vehicles.

I'm aware of the "View EV charging history" wall connector charging list in the Energy area of the app but its not easily consumed, and not graphed.

Is there any way of having all EV charging load appear in the Tesla app when a car charges?

Yes, this is a bug in the Tesla app.

I have the same problem and I also looked at this in detail as part of my work on the Netzero app. Tesla has two sources of data for vehicle charging: the wall connector and the vehicle itself (both via Tesla's cloud). The wall connector is part of your energy system, so you'll have full access to the data. For data from the vehicle, they have different levels of access. As an owner, you get full access; as an additional driver, you get some metadata about the car, but not the vehicle charts or the Charge Stats section.

They don't handle the edge case of having a wall connector and being an additional driver correctly. The charging data is accessible, but their app doesn't retrieve it correctly.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Yes, this is a bug in the Tesla app.

I have the same problem and I also looked at this in detail as part of my work on the Netzero app. Tesla has two sources of data for vehicle charging: the wall connector and the vehicle itself (both via Tesla's cloud). The wall connector is part of your energy system, so you'll have full access to the data. For data from the vehicle, they have different levels of access. As an owner, you get full access; as an additional driver, you get some metadata about the car, but not the vehicle charts or the Charge Stats section.

They don't handle the edge case of having a wall connector and being an additional driver correctly. The charging data is accessible, but their app doesn't retrieve it correctly.
Thanks for this, the weird thing is it WAS working a few months ago.. app update nuked it. Sigh. Fingers crossed for a fix, including non-additional vehicles.