Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging sickness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I sit in my 2020 Model 3 while supercharging, I feel my neck start to tense up and my eyes feel really heavy. I also can feel quite a bit of pressure in my chest. Is there anyone else on here that feels this or even something similar? I thought at first it might just be me but I had 3 friends come with me, didn’t mention anything to them, and all 3 commented and felt the same or very similar things. I’m just curious if it’s just my car and if I should take it in?

It's unrelated to charging. EMF at these levels does nothing physiological. It's probably related to just sitting in the car, not moving or driving. Try getting out next time and taking a walk, it'll be more enjoyable anyway.
I don't even think it's EMF... Bjorn did a video where they wirelessly charged a car, and the utility company even brought a commercial device to measure EMF, and the EMF was negligible. The values were < 1% of the maximum allowed value. They showed you get MUCH more EMF radiation from an induction cook top stove.

Reactions: GtiMart
Upvote 1
I think it is the newness of the experience. You hear a lot of weird noises for the first time. The heat pump roaring, the station power whining. It’s all kind of strange. Then after a few times you get used to it. If you have an issue to begin with I would just go for a walk and get some fresh air and exercise.

Upvote 0