Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track pack brake pedal pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I just got my plaid back after a 6-week track pack install (🙄) and the first thing I noticed is a significant change in the force required to activate the brakes. I am curious if other owners have felt the same? The SC says it’s “normal”.

The change now means that when I goto apply brakes with the force normally required in any other car I’ve driven does nothing, and you really have to start pushing harder, I’d say maybe 3x harder than normal, to engage the brakes. It also makes the first ~1” of travel a “dead zone” ie no activation of breaks until past that zone. After that they feel great and powerful, but the initial pressure required is just so high I feel like I’ll slam the brakes getting into any other car after this.

Anyone have a similar or different experience? Trying to determine if it’s an issue.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Track pack question I may have missed:
Anticipating my MSP delivery in late Feb/early March. Understand I have to have the physical car (paid for) to even place an order for the ceramic brake package (not interested in the wheels/slicks). If this is correct, what is the experienced lead time for a SC to get the brakes, and how long will the install take? Anybody?

Track pack question I may have missed:
Anticipating my MSP delivery in late Feb/early March. Understand I have to have the physical car (paid for) to even place an order for the ceramic brake package (not interested in the wheels/slicks). If this is correct, what is the experienced lead time for a SC to get the brakes, and how long will the install take? Anybody?
You order it through the app, I’d count on about a month wait. 2 days to install.

Reactions: CSmody
Mine felt more firm at the top of the pedal versus stock. I like the way it feels and definitely don't feel like it takes a lot of effort.
Yes, the initial pressure is much higher. Completely different feel than stock. You will adapt quickly, will feel normal soon.
Man, sounds like the TP is a big upgrade over stock. I love high firm pedals. The steels do work adequately for me although the pedal action isn’t my favorite

Hello, I just got my plaid back after a 6-week track pack install (🙄) and the first thing I noticed is a significant change in the force required to activate the brakes. I am curious if other owners have felt the same? The SC says it’s “normal”.

The change now means that when I goto apply brakes with the force normally required in any other car I’ve driven does nothing, and you really have to start pushing harder, I’d say maybe 3x harder than normal, to engage the brakes. It also makes the first ~1” of travel a “dead zone” ie no activation of breaks until past that zone. After that they feel great and powerful, but the initial pressure required is just so high I feel like I’ll slam the brakes getting into any other car after this.

Anyone have a similar or different experience? Trying to determine if it’s an issue.

Thanks!

perhaps the tesla installers didn't bleed the brakes appropriately, if air is stuck in the system then that could cause that feeling.