Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging two phones at the same time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a road trip in my wife’s M3LR this past weekend and noticed that are phones weren’t charging when we had both of them on the wireless charging pads. It appeared to only be able to charge one at a time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for the replies. Both phones are in MagSafe cases. I wonder if that could be the issue.
Do you notice that your phones start charging at all or not at all? I'm driving a '21 M3P and from the outset, my iPhone 8 has never consistently charged on the wireless pads. I took it to the service center to find out that smaller sized phones were not really considered when it came to the stock wireless charging pads that Tesla chose. $20 for a new usb-c to lightening wire.

Do you notice that your phones start charging at all or not at all? I'm driving a '21 M3P and from the outset, my iPhone 8 has never consistently charged on the wireless pads. I took it to the service center to find out that smaller sized phones were not really considered when it came to the stock wireless charging pads that Tesla chose. $20 for a new usb-c to lightening wire.
Sometimes it took several attempts to get the phone (iPhone 12) to start charging.