Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheap Tesla Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone side swiped my Tesla Model X while it was parked at a charging point, denting the front & rear doors. Tesla approved services want £10.000 for repairs, which I don't have. I don't care about the Warranty, where can I get cheaper repairs?

Not sure your coverage or even if it is comparable to the US. In the US most if not all insurance companies do not raise your insurance unless they can prove it was your fault. You might want to speak to your insurance agent and/or make an anonymous call to your insurance company asking if it will increase your insurance, and if it does how much? Do not be scared to use your insurance.

Someone side swiped my Tesla Model X while it was parked at a charging point, denting the front & rear doors. Tesla approved services want £10.000 for repairs, which I don't have. I don't care about the Warranty, where can I get cheaper repairs?

I think the problem is the doors are made of aluminium and in many case it's virtually impossible to be repaired right, so they just put new ones and they are expensive!!
Unless you can find someone that can repair those dents in aluminium and make it right, the cost of the "repair" will always be very high.

Didn't you had sentry mode active, to see who wrecked your X ?

I think the problem is the doors are made of aluminium and in many case it's virtually impossible to be repaired right, so they just put new ones and they are expensive!!
Unless you can find someone that can repair those dents in aluminium and make it right, the cost of the "repair" will always be very high.

Didn't you had sentry mode active, to see who wrecked your X ?

Yes, the aluminum construction makes it very hard to get dents out.

just out of curiosity, how high?

And most repair replace parts even made with steel. A lot of cars now have too many complex curves to fix by hand. Plus cars use difficult to match metallic colors. Our BMW X3 got rear ended. Needed new tailgate, bumper, and painting. No attempt was made to fix metal. Replacement parts from BMW used. Price $13,000. They had to repaint rear and much of one side to get paint reflection to match.