Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up over the weekend.

I really thought about walking in with a checklist BUT I've read that it will ruin the experience and that seems plausible. It's like being going out to lunch with someone and they are on the phone. I don't want to be that guy. Everything on the checklist is normal procedure for an experienced car buyer.

Plus at this point if any thing is wrong I won't be rejecting it because of tax credit. Well, unless if it's something major like pano glass or dents that would require full panel replacement (no bondo for me!). Everything else operationally can be fixed under warranty and Tesla always tries to make things right.

I do have OCD tendencies and I already accept it's not going to be perfect. Just will focus on aesthetic damage and any unreasonable alignment/gaps.

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!

thanks all....yeah good point, I usually never look at a car in this amount of detail, and true that I won't reject unless the thing is a total disaster. That being said, there are some things that seem consistent on the Model 3 that I should check....ie, moisture in rear lights, who the heck ever looks for that?.....body gaps....etc, etc.....guess I just need some reminders. Seems like most deliveries are going smooth these days, my VIN is quite high at 121k.....should be good. Pretty excited, can't say I've been this excited about a car since my first one in high school, and now I'm freaking 60!! Will say my the car I just gave back at lease end, a '16 TT, is probably the most fun car I've ever owned.....but I think the 3 will blow it off.