Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rerouting inventory car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, my fiancé is looking to get into a model 3LR. We are hoping to get in before yrs end to take advantage of the tax credit. So we will need to be buying from inventory. All the inventory cars are almost 6 hrs away for us in Mt Kisco. However I’ve read they opened up a delivery location at Turning Stone. Is there any way of rerouting inventory cars from one spot to another or is that strictly for “custom” ordered cars?

I used to see delivery amounts on every inventory car, depending on the zip code you use when browsing... but don't see that anymore. I asked local dealer if they can transport it if in a different city, and guy (who didn't know much) said no; that I'd have to go pick it up there. Not sure why, but seems like that's the norm now. When I bought mine in Austin, they just opened El Paso, and it got sent there, so didn't have to pay anything for my '21 LR.

I used to see delivery amounts on every inventory car, depending on the zip code you use when browsing... but don't see that anymore.
I think you’re thinking of used cars. Inventory cars are brand new, never titled, and the delivery charge is the destination fee charged on every new vehicle. To my knowledge they’ve never offered to shuffle them around between locations for any additional fee.

I was talking about new inventory cars, so Tesla did offer that in the past. I wanted a brand new '21, so had to order one, since the inventory cars didn't have the new heat pump. And since Tesla owns the cars, and not independent dealers, it only makes sense to offer shipping with both new and used cars.