Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check your reservation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The spreadsheet seems to crash repeatedly on my iPad, but in my brief views before crashes it looks like invites are going all over the country — to owners only. I was intending to pass on this configuration, but couldn’t stand waiting another month or two after nearly 22 months — so I’m in. White, 19in wheels, one month estimated delivery, but AZ is close to Fremont so I’d expect that to be the worst case. Over $50k was not what I wanted for a second car, but reminded myself that money is just a number. Budget, be damned!

This is great news. I thought with the delayed and bottleneck production it would take longer to get all the employees and owners on the west coast their vehicles which is what Tesla said on their blog would happen:

Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. When production begins, we will begin deliveries in North America starting on the West Coast, moving east. As we continue to ramp production, we will begin deliveries in Europe, APAC and right-hand drive markets. It is not possible to ship to all regions simultaneously because regulators in each part of the world have slightly different production requirements. Staggering deliveries in this way also allows us to provide the best possible customer experience.

They've clearly moved off the west coast now with people configuring in Hawaii and Texas. Maybe a lot of people passed waiting for the cheaper version, or dual motors, or P. In any event, the "late 2018" for us up in Canada looks more promising now.

Rather than favoring region, they are favoring having owned/leased a Tesla at some point... So owners/previous-owners/lessees got invited to configure all over the USA now.
*but* the much bigger pool of line-waiter non-owner depositors still hasn't started yet.

Assuming they don't start inviting Canadian owners before us, there are a LOT more west coast USA people waiting to get a chance to order.

Rather than favoring region, they are favoring having owned/leased a Tesla at some point... So owners/previous-owners/lessees got invited to configure all over the USA now.
*but* the much bigger pool of line-waiter non-owner depositors still hasn't started yet.

Assuming they don't start inviting Canadian owners before us, there are a LOT more west coast USA people waiting to get a chance to order.

Not only that, but it's only first day reserving owners who have been invited so far. There are tons of owners who reserved later both in California and elsewhere who have yet to be invited.

Not only that, but it's only first day reserving owners who have been invited so far. There are tons of owners who reserved later both in California and elsewhere who have yet to be invited.

Are you sure about that? I thought we heard of owners who reserved later already invited to order.

~4K deliveries out of ~400K+ pre-orders is only a small start so far.
It seems like ~99% of people who put down deposits are still waiting...

I just happened to check "my Tesla" on Jan 18th and it allowed me to configure (no email or contact). I configured and ordered immediately. kind of disappointing as I have no idea how much time was wasted.

Went with Silver, after much consternation about never seeing "live". I have a clear affinity for silver/gray--but could not do same as my Model S gray.