Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chinese language option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Does anyone know what is happening with regards to having a Chinese language option in the future? I ask as my parents will drive the car occasionally and their English isn't terrific. It should just be a simple matter of an update to the firmware correct? Ideally the language could change with user profiles too.

I had a search and came accross this thread Chinese language UI but it seems to be for mainland cars only where the entire system would be in Chinese. Maybe if we request this from HK Tesla enough they would look into the update more?

Appreciate any thoughts & feedback

Hi all,

Does anyone know what is happening with regards to having a Chinese language option in the future? I ask as my parents will drive the car occasionally and their English isn't terrific. It should just be a simple matter of an update to the firmware correct? Ideally the language could change with user profiles too.

I had a search and came accross this thread Chinese language UI but it seems to be for mainland cars only where the entire system would be in Chinese. Maybe if we request this from HK Tesla enough they would look into the update more?

Appreciate any thoughts & feedback

I don't know enough to answer but since Tesla is officially sold in the Mainland and there are private companies importing Tesla to Taiwan I'm sure it's a matter of activating a language pack! I suggest you ring up Tesla to find out.