Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chip inside Charge Port Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, just got my car back from the service center today with a missing charge port door chip. Discovered it at home when I tried to open the charge port by pushing it in. I may just forget about it. Is it really needed unless you want to be able to open the port by touch? If needed, is it readily available from the SC?

I think it's the same part, except mine is definitely not plastic, its a very light metal.

if the charge door is open and i tap this piece of metal to the corner of the port it will close the door. I think my car got confused if it was open or closed. it works fine now.

Great pics of this!! Saw someone else talking about this but the photos were so dark I really wasn't sure what I was looking at. Thanks again.

OMG just finished reading down through the whole thread and surprised at how many people have already experienced this. Glad I read the thread and saw the photos so at least I'll be aware of the issue if I get that message and don't see the part on the door. Glad it's not a big deal to fix.