Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome Delete Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to get some feedback on a chrome delete I had done with a reputable installer in Chicago. I don't have any prior experience with wrap of any kind, but I'm not entirely happy with the install and wanted to know if I'm just crazy, or if the work is sub-par. I have attached some photos, but my concerns are as follows:

1- on the front end I can see chrome where they did not cut the wrap tight enough to the side of the vehicle.
2- on one mirror they cutout a hole for the screw. On the other they did not. I imagine one is best practice, and the other not, but the lack of consistency is concerning. On the driver side mirror area there are two oddly placed scratches. I don't recall them there before, but of course I wasn't looking all that closely before the install.
3- the handles are only wrapped along the front. Is this typical? I imagine the wrap will likely start to separate simply based on the handle retracting and extending, let alone daily use.
4- the rear of the vehicle, the logo and word Tesla are not wrapped. The installer indicated that these are not able to be wrapped, but I feel like I have seen other installs where this was done.

The install was $1350, and there were some other minor issues in that certain parts of the vehicle were not properly put back together. Any thoughts on my concerns and the install in general?

IMG_20200128_185354.jpg IMG_20200128_185329.jpg IMG_20200128_185206.jpg IMG_20200128_191019_MP.jpg IMG_20200128_191009_MP~2.jpg

I had my Chrome Delete for $900 last week. Overall, it seems like shoddy work that you had done and considering how much you paid, you should ask they fix it. If they don’t, give them a bad review. Here was my experience:

• I had an issue where some chrome was still showing on the side. I reported it and I am bringing it back to be fixed. The installer had no issue with fixing it for me. Picture below. Yours looks more significant.
  • I requested Tesla to be left in Chrome as I think it looks good and I wanted a little Chrome left. Your installer should have asked you what you preferred.
  • The door handles are completely unacceptable. My wife did my previous handles as she is good with vinyl and did a better job. Handles retracting didn’t impact install.
  • My screws were both covered.
  • I noticed a small deep scratch by my door handle but I am not 100% sure he caused it. It’s my first scratch so I got annoyed but didn’t say anything to him as I have no proof he did it.
  • D3222F55-6191-4C60-9428-765C66729985.jpeg

Last edited:
I had my Chrome Delete for $900 last week. Overall, it seems like shoddy work that you had done and considering how much you paid, you should ask they fix it. If they don’t, give them a bad review. Here was my experience:

• I had an issue where some chrome was still showing on the side. I reported it and I am bringing it back to be fixed. The installer had no issue with fixing it for me. Picture below. Yours looks more significant.
  • I requested Tesla to be left in Chrome as I think it looks good and I wanted a little Chrome left. Your installer should have asked you what you preferred.
  • The door handles are completely unacceptable. My wife did my previous handles as she is good with vinyl and did a better job. Handles retracting didn’t impact install.
  • My screws were both covered.
  • I noticed a small deep scratch by my door handle but I am not 100% sure he caused it. It’s my first scratch so I got annoyed but didn’t say anything to him as I have no proof he did it.
  • View attachment 505360

Appreciate the feedback! Any photos of your door handles?