Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete is failing me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your chrome delete should not be failing like that and especially that soon. My own personal 3 we did back in 2018 is holding up just fine despite all the hurricanes/tropical storms we keep having here in Houston. I recommend finding a new installer, because they may not be experienced enough.

Any of those spray on options are "fine" as long as the installer is incredibly good and meticulous at the spraying process and the preparation process. I can't tell you how many headaches and times we've had to reject cars that were once sprayed and prep'd improperly, that when it came to the removal process for whatever reason (usually clients end up choosing vinyl), we would rather decline the job.

Vinyl wrap on trim should indeed hold up for years... I had it on two previous cars for 8+ years each. Only around that time-frame (approaching a decade) did it start to show age.

However, spray on wrap is perfectly fine, if as the previous poster said, its done right (surface prep, non painted surface protection prep, good spray booth, heat cure, etc).

In fact, as much as the industry is trying to fight and deny it, liquid wrap is the superior tech and the future. Lots of pros vs traditional wraps and PPF, less and less cons as the years of R&D pile on.

Plus for something as trivial as trim wrap, if you can find a liquid wrap shop, its the best way to go.

Had mine done on 4/2018 the month after I picked it up new. They used 3M film total cost $400(!), the only wear taking place is driver’s side mirror when it folds/unfolds, but it’s on the mating (sliding) surfaces so you don’t see it unless looking from underneath.
41A4ADA3-F6A4-4F26-8E3C-AD73C9C6AD09.jpeg