Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats the first time I have ever heard someone say they got a quote for 3k+ for a chrome delete. I suspect that is not what they quoted you for, or that there was some misunderstanding there.

Also, what does "seems like tesla owners are fair play" even mean? What other brand of car are you doing a "chrome delete" on to compare that with?

Yes, 3,800 seems off. Even T-Sportline who overcharge for average work charge $1,200, which is really ridiculous. About a year ago or so, I called a local shop in LA who are known for their customization said something like 700 for the chrome delete for a Model 3. Hell, for a full wrap, Wrap Bully’s said my Model Y would cost $2,700. So, maybe they meant a full wrap was 3,800.

Thats the first time I have ever heard someone say they got a quote for 3k+ for a chrome delete. I suspect that is not what they quoted you for, or that there was some misunderstanding there.

Also, what does "seems like tesla owners are fair play" even mean? What other brand of car are you doing a "chrome delete" on to compare that with?
You are probably right come to think of it. I probably wasn't as clear as I should have been in my inquiries. OTOH I am surprised someone hasn't come up with simple rubber like chrome delete/tubing/mold, whatever you wanna call it, that doesn't require heat guns and sticky tape....