Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Classic MS chrome deleting trunk trim completely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most chrome delete kits come with the TESLA letters stamped out. The intent is that you remove them so the chrome letters poke through the blacked out trim but you can simply place those letters back over the top which will pretty much provide the look you want. I'd also recommend just going plastidip for this piece as it's far easier and will coat the entire trim piece, including the edges of the letters that could show a little chrome if you looked close enough should you use the first method.

Reactions: 2015-85
Thanks, I will try plastidip. I believe the process of removing the trim is very similar in X and S
Why remove it? That's part of the beauty of plastidip is you just spray it in-place. Works good for static items like the rear one you're talking about but I wouldn't use it for folding mirrors, presenting handles, etc. I think some have but I wouldn't. Vinyl works better for those applications due to how thin it is. If all you want is the rear I'd just go the plastidip route. If you wish to delete all trim I'd suggest just going with the vinyl kits available from several suppliers. It's a bit of a PITA but it's affordable and durable.

Reactions: 2015-85