Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS 2018 chrome delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done a full chrome delete on an older model s?
Did you do the T emblem?
Any thoughts?
I’ve got a silver car and am considering going full on chrome delete.

If you’ve done it. Can you post pics of how it looks?

I did it this spring with my 2015 MS 70D with the TesBros kit. The kit was great and they give you two of everything in case you mess up the first time (which I did on a couple of pieces). They have numerous videos on Youtube on how to apply each piece. I wanted to replicate the new MS look so I didn’t do the T emblems on the front or rear. I also deleted the badges on the trunk. Here are the before and after pics. I think that it updates the look of the car. I also got new snow tires recently and decided to try out black rims to see how they looked with the chrome delete, so here’s a photo of that too.

Attachments

• IMG_4842.jpeg
    IMG_4842.jpeg
    925.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6024.jpeg
    IMG_6024.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • Love
Reactions: SoCal Buzz
I did it this spring with my 2015 MS 70D with the TesBros kit. The kit was great and they give you two of everything in case you mess up the first time (which I did on a couple of pieces). They have numerous videos on Youtube on how to apply each piece. I wanted to replicate the new MS look so I didn’t do the T emblems on the front or rear. I also deleted the badges on the trunk. Here are the before and after pics. I think that it updates the look of the car. I also got new snow tires recently and decided to try out black rims to see how they looked with the chrome delete, so here’s a photo of that too.
Looks awesome. Thanks!

I never understood the reason to get rid of the badges.
I think I’m gonna have my chrome delete redone. And this time have the Tesla T’s blacked out.
The problem is the material used the first time about five years ago wasn’t the best and now there are parts that are peeling so I want to get it redone. Also for some reason the bottom chrome was never done.
Here is what mine looks like now.

I did just have the wheels powder coated in matte black and had them color the calipers blue (I bought blue tire valve caps also) but the picture attached is just to show the chrome delete that was on when I purchased it

Attachments

• IMG_2678.jpeg
    IMG_2678.jpeg
    900 KB · Views: 56