Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cincinnati Ohio SC P3D/AWD Delivery Thread/ Delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it’s worth to the group, received a text late late last night (same day they cancelled my appt) stating they found a car and wanted to know if I could take delivery between today and 9/30?! The communication and process is comical, working to staying patient!

For what it’s worth to the group, received a text late late last night (same day they cancelled my appt) stating they found a car and wanted to know if I could take delivery between today and 9/30?! The communication and process is comical, working to staying patient!

Interesting. I didn't get that text, but if I had, the only thing stopping me from picking up earlier would be a lack of an MVPA in order to setup financing and insurance. I assume that you replied with "Yes." If so, do you have an MVPA?

Posted in the main AWD thread as well...

No-reservation/non-owner
8/1 - ordered
9/6 - emailed to choose delivery date
9/7 - delivery date of 9/26 confirmed
9/11 - Tesla finance credit application submitted
9/19 - VIN appeared in my account (exactly 7 days prior to delivery appt)
9/20 - VIN removed from my account
9/24 - called main 888 number; told I was still good (didn't really believe it though) for delivery
9/25 - called Blue Ash directly. sales person reached out to delivery person in Vegas. Told I would get a call. 2 hours later got a call and email from Vegas delivery center that I was delayed.

As of now, I have no new delivery date. My account page just says estimated delivery of Oct-Dec. It still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." and still shows all of my loan/finance details.

At this point I can't decide if I want to continue to call to hunt down a car or just wait until next week when the end of quarter push is over.

I am so frustrated and angry I can't even see straight. For the second day in a row, I have had a delivery appointment cancelled.

My original post is above on 9/25, but I was a Cincinnati delivery now scheduled for Friday morning pickup at 9 AM (9/28). Was told by my IDA in Las Vegas that my original delivery (scheduled for today 9/26) was cancelled because my car was "scheduled to arrived sometime today on 9/26". I had no VIN or MVPA but was told no worries, that will be assigned when it arrives at the dealership. Sometime today...

Was just called by the Cincinnati delivery scheduler (Kimberly) was was blunt and to the point: I have no VIN, I have no car, I have no appointment. Every car on her lot is spoken for. Every car coming in that she sees is spoken for. Basically, without a VIN I have no prayer.

So now I have a call into my IDA to try to figure out what is going on.

Meanwhile, I have both a wife and a 12 year old son who have moved into pure fury and rage mode spewing forth every expletive imaginable (well, a PG-13 rated version in my son's case) towards Tesla and begging me to cancel this Tesla debacle and buy a nice new BMW.

And, I'm almost just to the point. I just can't take it anymore. They don't care about me. They don't care about any of us.

Interesting. I didn't get that text, but if I had, the only thing stopping me from picking up earlier would be a lack of an MVPA in order to setup financing and insurance. I assume that you replied with "Yes." If so, do you have an MVPA?

Ended up getting another text later today from Tesla saying thanks for responding, we will contact you directing when we get a firm delivery date from our logistics team. The message wasn’t personal at all and probably went to many others. To answer your question I did respond yes and do not have an MVPA or VIN either. The waiting game continues!

I contacted my Everence Loan Officer. The latest they can send a wire and guarantee that Tesla receives it 3:45 EST on Friday. They can't send a wire without the MVPA. I then emailed my Inside Advisor to relay this information and confirm that delievery is still on for Sunday (Tesla account still says it is). She only replied that I should get the MVPA within 24 hours and that it "is in queue to be sent out." At least she replied within 10 minutes.

I know that once Everence sends the wire, the money is Tesla's. So I wonder what my recourse would be (if any) if I become one of the horror stories and need to reject the car due to significant issues. I guess they at least won't have my final payment.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
So did everyone get their cars???

Found out that our IDA has gone back to Solar - turns out he was only helping out until the end of the quarter. Just got the name of our new IDA (this is number 3) - spoke to him last night and he seems very helpful and gave us his direct contact information. He started a 'case' for adding FSD to our order.

Question - has anyone added FSD and been able to keep the $1000 delivery & documentation fee in effect at the time of ordering as apposed to it changing to the current $1200 fee?

• Informative
So did everyone get their cars???

I did not get my car.

It was scheduled for Sunday, the 30th. I received the call that it was cancelled the Friday before around 3:00 EST. She said that I should receive a follow up over the next few weeks. I sent an email to my Inside Advisor yesterday to see if she could provide an update, but haven't received a response yet. I don't even know if she's still considered my IA anymore.

Disappointed.

• Informative
Well, 3rd ISA worked everything out for us - got FSD added to our order. Delivery set for 10/10. VIN 115xxx

Awesome - let us know how it goes! I haven't heard any feedback (positve or negative) with the Cincinnati store.

I got a call tonight to set up my second delivery attempt for 10/18. She sent me a confirmation email with a VIN (113XXX), so I feel a little more confident that it will actually happen.

Awesome - let us know how it goes! I haven't heard any feedback (positve or negative) with the Cincinnati store.

I got a call tonight to set up my second delivery attempt for 10/18. She sent me a confirmation email with a VIN (113XXX), so I feel a little more confident that it will actually happen.

Congrats on the VIN!

You will get your's before us :)

Friday the ISA told us to let him know if we didn't have the final MVPA in our account by today. Account shows VIN but didn't have MVPA. So today asked ISA to send the final MVPA. He checked and said logistics update now shows car arriving on 10/19 and wanted to set up a delivery appointment for 10/19 or 10/20. But those dates didn't work for us, so we're now scheduled for 10/23.

The reschedule didn't surprise me based on the comments I've seen on the forum and we went by the SC last night to check if the car was there. We saw a TON of Model 3s on the lot in almost all colors but the only MCR with 19" wheels was on the showroom floor. So we figured if our car wasn't there already, it was unlikely it would be delivered in a couple days. We were right.

Another indicator was our PPF installer - He's installed PPF on 4 Teslas for us and I wouldn't trust our cars to anyone else - Once we got our 10/8 delivery date, we called to set up an appointment to have the car wrapped on the same day so we could drive from the SC to the PPF shop (not far from the SC) and then drive back home to Dayton - we've done that with the other Teslas and it's worked great, saving us a separate trip to the Cincinnati area for the wrap. However, our PPF installer said that he wanted us to wait until we actually had the car in our possession to schedule the appointment since he has had so many people cancel appointments for wrapping their Model 3 due to their delivery being moved.

We've have good experiences with the Blue Ash store, they've delivered several cars to us, including a Model 3 RWD in February - they have always done a great job.

Good luck on the upcoming delivery, I’m now scheduled for a 10/27 delivery (cancelled twice already so we shall see). My question is on the wrap for the car, who did you use locally? Thanks

@kurtust Thanks! I plan on checking to see if the car actually makes it to the SC on the 18th like they estimated. If so, then I will feel better about our 10/23 delivery date :)

Regarding the wrap, I use ClearBra Ohio in Fairfield - it’s not too far away from the SC. I will send you a PM with the owner’s info. Tell him Mike from Dayton told you to contact him and he’ll take good care of you.

Hope your 10/27 date works for your delivery this time!

@kurtust Thanks! I plan on checking to see if the car actually makes it to the SC on the 18th like they estimated. If so, then I will feel better about our 10/23 delivery date :)

Regarding the wrap, I use ClearBra Ohio in Fairfield - it’s not too far away from the SC. I will send you a PM with the owner’s info. Tell him Mike from Dayton told you to contact him and he’ll take good care of you.

Hope your 10/27 date works for your delivery this time!

Thanks for the information and referral!

VIN showed up in my account again today (1 week before delivery). Same VIN as before delivery got rescheduled. Asked IDA if car still scheduled to be at SC on 10/19 and if our 10/23 delivery still set. He said car now due to be at SC on 10/22 and 10/23 delivery is still set.

Has everyone else gotten their cars? I was at the SC last week and saw a lot of Model 3s there in almost every color.

VIN showed up in my account again today (1 week before delivery). Same VIN as before delivery got rescheduled. Asked IDA if car still scheduled to be at SC on 10/19 and if our 10/23 delivery still set. He said car now due to be at SC on 10/22 and 10/23 delivery is still set.

Has everyone else gotten their cars? I was at the SC last week and saw a lot of Model 3s there in almost every color.

Still showing a 10/27 delivery, Hope the VIN surfaces online his Saturday (week before). SC has gone radio silent so we will see. Good luck on youR delivery next week!

I got mine yesterday!

Everything went smoothly and I haven't discovered any issues with the car. I was at the delivery center for about 30 minutes. Even though I've watched all the basic owner videos, I still let the advisor go through with his walkthrough of the car. Otherwise, I could have been in and out in 5 minutes after signing.

In case anyone is still wodering about the process, I received my MVPA with VIN exactly one week before the scheduled delivery. I then called the delievery center two days before delievery to check on the car's location. She told me that it was at a train yard in Chicago and that I would get a call back a day before delivery. Sure enough, they called me the next morning to let me know that car war there and everything was still on schedule.

Car is fantastic and was worth the wait!

Attachments

• Shadow.jpg
    Shadow.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Informative
I got mine yesterday!

Everything went smoothly and I haven't discovered any issues with the car. I was at the delivery center for about 30 minutes. Even though I've watched all the basic owner videos, I still let the advisor go through with his walkthrough of the car. Otherwise, I could have been in and out in 5 minutes after signing.

In case anyone is still wodering about the process, I received my MVPA with VIN exactly one week before the scheduled delivery. I then called the delievery center two days before delievery to check on the car's location. She told me that it was at a train yard in Chicago and that I would get a call back a day before delivery. Sure enough, they called me the next morning to let me know that car war there and everything was still on schedule.

Car is fantastic and was worth the wait!

@SkillZ2882 Congrats! Who did you talk to at the Service Center?