Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misaligned Headlight, what to do on delivery day? Also 400xxx VIN and higher getting the Summer tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For your SF Bay Area owners who's taking delivery soon from Colma showroom location. Figure I'll make a post here and maybe this is help us all.

Got my VIN 406xxx Thursday late night, picking up at Colma, Bay Area. Schedule this Sunday pickup. MYP.

So Friday morning, my loan had a small issue with my address. My SA didn't reply so I stop by Colma and talk to a live person. He was able to help me fix my issue. Since im there, I took a walk to find my car (matching my VIN). Maybe its here early and getting prep. What u know, I found it. This is my second Y. My first Y was about two years ago and I remember taking a hour inspecting it. Today, 10 min and I was done. Just the exterior tho. Everything is good but the passenger headlight is not flush. kinda popping out a bit, not a big deal tho. I walk around and check out a few other MYP. more than half of them have the same issues. What would u Guys do? Can they even adjust it Sunday there? or it is a service appointment thing? Do they need to remove the bumper and corner panel to align it? If so, forget it. I'll leave it alone. Once they remove a panel or two, it will not be the same. yea, My first Y, I went in 3 times. All coming back with other small issues. This time around, I will try my best not to bring it in. NO service is the best service!

Btw, my VIN comes with summer tire. NOT A/S. can I even bring it up Sunday and ask them to switch to another set of uberturbine with AS tires? Half the other MYP also comes with summer tires but I did see a few with A/S tires.

FYI, all the MYP I check out, panel gaps, hood, door alignment, trunk and taillight look good to me. Much better than 2 years ago, obviously. Its just the headlight thats the small concern but not a big deal. So its a good piece of mind if you're taking delivery soon.

TIA!

Last edited: